- the part of a telephone apparatus contained in the earpiece, in which electrical signals are converted into sounds.；a complete telephone handset
noun: receiver, plural noun: receivers
- 1. the part of a telephone apparatus contained in the earpiece, in which electrical signals are converted into sounds.
- ▪ a complete telephone handset he picked up the receiver 同義詞
- ▪ a piece of radio or television apparatus that detects broadcast signals and converts them into visible or audible form a satellite receiver
- 2. a person who gets or accepts something that has been sent or given to them the receiver of a gift 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a person who buys or accepts stolen goods in the knowledge that they have been stolen he's the biggest receiver of stolen jewels in London
- ▪ (in tennis and similar games) the player to whom the ball is served to begin play.
- ▪ a player who catches a pass or a kick.
- 3. a person or company appointed by a court to manage the financial affairs of a business or person that has gone bankrupt the company is in the hands of the receivers
- 4. a container for collecting the products of distillation, chromatography, or other process.
- 5. the part of a firearm which houses the action and to which the barrel and other parts are attached.
- an offensive player positioned away from the line, used primarily as a pass receiver.
- another term for receiver
- an offensive player who is positioned at a distance from the end and is used primarily as a ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- the part of a telephone apparatus contained in the earpiece, in which electrical signals are ...
Receivers are usually appointed out of court, leaving the borrower with the...
1.Press receiver's "Link" button once and then the red LED would start to...鈕(向上或向下) 按三秒以上 3.Once the red LED(Link) on receiver's start flashing, the pairing has been done...
1. Does anyone have his or her receiver not working? Does anyone need to replace ...隨身導覽系統的接收器，通常帶上一附耳罩式的耳機， 所以receiver也可以換用headphone代替。 2，英文proceed就是「繼續往前...