- the action or process of calculating or estimating something；a person's view, opinion, or judgment
noun: reckoning, plural noun: reckonings
- 1. the action or process of calculating or estimating something last year was not, by any reckoning, a particularly good one the system of time reckoning in Babylon 同義詞 calculation, estimation, computation, working out, summation, ... 更多
- ▪ a person's view, opinion, or judgment by ancient reckoning, bacteria are plants 同義詞 opinion, view, judgment, evaluation, way of thinking, ... 更多
- ▪ a bill or account, or its settlement.
- ▪ the avenging or punishing of past mistakes or misdeeds the fear of being brought to reckoning there will be a terrible reckoning 同義詞 retribution, fate, doom, nemesis, judgment, ... 更多