- the action or process of reconstructing or being reconstructed；a thing that has been rebuilt after being damaged or destroyed
noun: reconstruction, plural noun: reconstructions
- 1. the action or process of reconstructing or being reconstructed the economic reconstruction of Russia reconstruction work
- ▪ a thing that has been rebuilt after being damaged or destroyed comparison between the original and the reconstruction
- ▪ an impression, model, or re-enactment of a past event formed from the available evidence a reconstruction of the accident would be staged to try to discover the cause of the tragedy
- ▪ the period 1865–77 following the Civil War, during which the states of the Confederacy were controlled by the federal government and social legislation, including the granting of new rights to African-Americans, was introduced.
- an agency of the United Nations that constitutes the main part of the World Bank. It was ...
Oxford American Dictionary
- a bank established in London in 1991 to help the former communist countries of eastern Europe ...
- an agency of the United Nations which constitutes the main part of the World Bank. It was ...
- the action or process of reconstructing or being reconstructed: the economic reconstruction of Russia