- a thing constituting a piece of evidence about the past, especially an account kept in writing or some other permanent form；an official report of the proceedings and judgment in a court.
- set down in writing or some other permanent form for later reference, especially officially；state or express publicly or officially; make an official record of
verb: record, 3rd person present: records, gerund or present participle: recording, past tense: recorded, past participle: recorded
noun: record, plural noun: records
- 1. a thing constituting a piece of evidence about the past, especially an account kept in writing or some other permanent form you should keep a written record identification was made through dental records 同義詞
- ▪ an official report of the proceedings and judgment in a court.
- ▪ a number of related items of information which are handled as a unit.
- 2. the sum of the past achievements or actions of a person or organization; a person or thing's previous conduct or performance the safety record at the airport the team preserved its unbeaten home record 同義詞
- ▪ short for criminal record
- 3. (especially in sports) the best performance or most remarkable event of its kind that has been officially measured and noted he held the world record for over a decade record profits 同義詞
- 4. a thin plastic disk carrying recorded sound, especially music, in grooves on each surface, for reproduction by a record player I'm listening to records in my room 同義詞
- ▪ a piece or collection of music reproduced on a phonographic record or on another medium, such as compact disc my favorite record a record company
- 1. set down in writing or some other permanent form for later reference, especially officially they were asked to keep a diary and record everything they ate or drank 同義詞
- ▪ state or express publicly or officially; make an official record of the coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death
- ▪ (of an instrument or observer) show or register (a measurement or result) the temperature was the lowest recorded since 1926 同義詞
- ▪ achieve (a certain score or result) they recorded their first win of the season 同義詞
- 2. convert (sound or a performance) into permanent form for later reproduction they were recording a guitar recital 同義詞
- ▪ produce (a piece or collection of music or a program) by recording a live performance they go into the studio next week to record their debut album