- an apparatus for recording sound, pictures, or data；a person who keeps records
noun: recorder, plural noun: recorders
- 1. an apparatus for recording sound, pictures, or data I was talking away into my recorder a cockpit voice recorder 同義詞
- 2. a person who keeps records a recorder of rural life 同義詞
- 3. (in England and Wales) a barrister appointed to serve as a part-time judge.
- ▪ British historical a judge in certain courts.
- 4. a simple wind instrument without keys, held vertically and played by blowing air through a shaped mouthpiece against a sharp edge.