- put right; correct；convert (alternating current) to direct current.
verb: rectify, 3rd person present: rectifies, gerund or present participle: rectifying, past tense: rectified, past participle: rectified
- 1. put right; correct mistakes made now cannot be rectified later we are working to rectify the situation
- 2. convert (alternating current) to direct current.
- 3. find a straight line equal in length to (a curve) his methods of rectifying the cycloid
- 4. purify or refine (a substance) by repeated or continuous distillation butyl lactate was rectified, and the purified butyl lactate was sequentially hydrolyzed