- of a color at the end of the spectrum next to orange and opposite violet, as of blood, fire, or rubies；(of a person or their face or complexion) flushed or rosy, especially with embarrassment, anger, or a healthy glow
- red color or pigment；red clothes or material
noun: red, plural noun: reds
- 1. of a color at the end of the spectrum next to orange and opposite violet, as of blood, fire, or rubies her red lips the sky was turning red outside 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person or their face or complexion) flushed or rosy, especially with embarrassment, anger, or a healthy glow there were some red faces at headquarters 同義詞
- ▪ (of a person's eyes) bloodshot or having pink rims, especially with tiredness or crying her eyes were red and swollen 同義詞
- ▪ (of hair or fur) of a reddish-brown or orange-brown color her long, red hair his hair was red 同義詞
- ▪ dated, offensive (of a people) having or regarded as having reddish skin.
- ▪ of or denoting the suits hearts and diamonds in a deck of cards a red queen
- ▪ (of wine) made from dark grapes and colored by their skins a glass of red wine
- ▪ denoting a red light or flag used as a signal to stop.
- ▪ used to denote something forbidden, dangerous, or urgent the force went on red alert
- ▪ (of a ski run) of the second highest level of difficulty, as indicated by colored markers.
- ▪ denoting one of three colors of quark.
- 2. informal, derogatory communist or socialist (used especially during the Cold War with reference to the Soviet Union) the era of nuclear anxiety, the red scare and covert CIA plots
- 3. archaic, literary stained with blood, or involving bloodshed or violence red battle stamps his foot and nations feel the shock
- 1. red color or pigment their work is marked in red by the teacher colors range from yellow to deep red
- ▪ red clothes or material she could not wear red
- 2. a red thing which dress - the black or the red?
- ▪ a red wine good Italian reds at affordable prices a bottle of red
- ▪ a red ball in billiards.
- ▪ a red light.
- 3. informal, derogatory a communist or socialist.
- 4. the situation of owing money to a bank or making a loss in a business operation the company was $4 million in the red small declines in revenue can soon send an airline plunging into the red