- make or become less tense or anxious；rest or engage in an enjoyable activity so as to become less tired or anxious
verb: relax, 3rd person present: relaxes, gerund or present participle: relaxing, past tense: relaxed, past participle: relaxed
- 1. make or become less tense or anxious he relaxed and smiled confidently
- ▪ rest or engage in an enjoyable activity so as to become less tired or anxious the team relaxes with a lot of skiing 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause (a limb or muscle) to become less rigid relax the leg by bringing the knee toward the chest 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make (something) less firm or tight Cicely relaxed her hold 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ straighten or partially uncurl (hair) using a chemical product.
- 2. make (a rule or restriction) less strict while not abolishing it they persuaded the local authorities concerned to relax their restrictions 同義詞 反義詞