- cause (someone) to remember someone or something；cause someone to think of (something) because of a resemblance
verb: remind, 3rd person present: reminds, gerund or present participle: reminding, past tense: reminded, past participle: reminded
- 1. cause (someone) to remember someone or something:
he would have forgotten my birthday if you hadn't reminded him
‘You had an accident,’ he reminded her
- 2. cause someone to think of (something) because of a resemblance:
his impassive, fierce stare reminded her of an owl
- 3. cause (someone) to fulfil an obligation or to take note of something:
the barman reminded them that singing was not permitted
she reminded me to be respectful
- v.cause (someone) to remember someone or something:
- he would have forgotten the boy's birthday if you hadn't reminded him
“You had an accident,” he reminded her
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
remind of +N/V-ing 意義上是做過了(提醒做過某事) For example: Parents remind me of studying. remind to +VR 意義上是為做過(提醒要去做...
... barbers in the military used to give. A. is reminded of B.is mindful of C. remind of D. is reminiscent of...
...與 Recollect 皆有 "回憶起"、"想起" 的意思，而 Remind 則是 "提醒"、"使想起" 的意思。 2. This novel...