- the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty；the reduction of a prison sentence, especially as a reward for good behaviour
- 1. the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty the scheme allows for the partial remission of tuition fees 同義詞
- ▪ British the reduction of a prison sentence, especially as a reward for good behaviour for every two days they work the prisoners earn one day's remission of their sentence 同義詞
- ▪ formal forgiveness of sins. 同義詞
- 2. a temporary diminution of the severity of disease or pain ten patients remained in remission 同義詞
- the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty: the plan allows for the partial remission of tuition fees
Oxford American Dictionary
...indulgence, in Roman Catholic theology, is the full or partial remission of temporal punishment due for sins which have already been forgiven...
...area. 你在這區域砍樹必須有一張森林部頒發的_____。 (A)permission (B)remission (C)permit (D)commit permission 指「許可」這件事，或這個意願，是...
... or November, and most had a history ofspontaneous remissions in April or May, so it would be very important in yourpractices...