- a small remaining quantity of something.；a piece of cloth or carpeting left when the greater part has been used or sold.
noun: remnant, plural noun: remnants
- 1. a small remaining quantity of something. 同義詞
- ▪ a piece of cloth or carpeting left when the greater part has been used or sold. 同義詞
- ▪ a surviving trace a remnant of the past
- ▪ a small minority of people who will remain faithful to God and so be saved (in allusion to biblical prophecies concerning Israel).
- 1. remaining remnant strands of hair
- land from which the native vegetation has not been cleared: koalas are under threat from diminishing remnant bushland
- a part or quantity that is left after the greater part has been used, removed, or destroyed: the bogs are an endangered remnant of a primeval landscape
- remaining: remnant strands of hair