- say again something one has already said；say again (something said or written by someone else)
- an action, event, or other thing that occurs or is done again；a repeated broadcast of a television or radio program
verb: repeat, 3rd person present: repeats, gerund or present participle: repeating, past tense: repeated, past participle: repeated
- 1. say again something one has already said “Are you hurt?” he repeated Billy repeated his question 同義詞 say again, restate, reiterate, go through again, go over again, ... 更多
- ▪ say again (something said or written by someone else) he repeated the words after me she repeated what I'd said 同義詞 say again, restate, reiterate, go through again, go over again, ... 更多
- ▪ say or do the same thing again she was fretful and kept repeating herself
- ▪ used for emphasis force was not—repeat, not—to be used
- 2. do (something) again, either once or a number of times earlier experiments were to be repeated on a far larger scale 同義詞 do again, redo, replicate, duplicate, perform again
- ▪ broadcast (a television or radio program) again the thirteen episodes from the first two series were constantly repeated 同義詞 rebroadcast, rerun, reshow, replay
- ▪ undertake (a course or period of instruction) again Mark had to repeat first and second grades
- ▪ occur again in the same way or form I don't intend to let history repeat itself
- ▪ US illegally vote more than once in an election.
- ▪ North American attain a particular success or achievement again, especially by winning a championship for the second consecutive time the first team in nineteen years to repeat as NBA champions
- ▪ (of a watch or clock) strike (the last hour or quarter) over again when required a watch repeater that repeats hours and quarters
- 3. British (of food) be tasted intermittently for some time after being swallowed as a result of belching or indigestion it sat rather uncomfortably on my stomach and repeated on me for hours
- 1. an action, event, or other thing that occurs or is done again the final will be a repeat of last year 同義詞 repetition, duplication, replication, rerun, duplicate, ... 更多
- ▪ a repeated broadcast of a television or radio program she goes home alone to TV dinners and repeats of “I Love Lucy” 同義詞 rerun, replay, rebroadcast, reshowing
- ▪ occurring, done, or used more than once a repeat prescription
- ▪ a consignment of goods similar to one already received.
- ▪ a decorative pattern which is repeated uniformly over a surface rugs with simple repeat patterns
- ▪ a passage intended to be repeated.
- ▪ a mark indicating a passage intended to be repeated.