- be entitled or appointed to act or speak for (someone), especially in an official capacity；(of a competitor) participate in a sports event or other competition on behalf of (one's club, town, region, or country)
verb: represent, 3rd person present: represents, gerund or present participle: representing, past tense: represented, past participle: represented
- 1. be entitled or appointed to act or speak for (someone), especially in an official capacity for purposes of litigation, an infant can and must be represented by an adult 同義詞
- ▪ (of a competitor) participate in a sports event or other competition on behalf of (one's club, town, region, or country) Owens represented the U.S 同義詞
- ▪ be an elected member of a legislature for (a particular constituency, party, or group) she became the first woman to represent her district
- ▪ act as a substitute for (someone), especially on an official or ceremonial occasion the president was represented by the secretary of state 同義詞
- 2. constitute; amount to this figure represents eleven percent of the company's total sales 同義詞
- ▪ be a specimen or example of; typify twenty parents, picked to represent a cross section of rural life 同義詞
- ▪ (of a group or type of person or thing) be present or found in something, especially to a particular degree abstraction is well represented in this exhibition
- 3. depict (a particular subject) in a picture or other work of art santos are small wooden figures representing saints 同義詞
- ▪ describe or depict (someone or something) as being of a certain nature; portray in a particular way the young were consistently represented as being in need of protection 同義詞
- ▪ (of a sign or symbol) have a particular signification; stand for the numbers 1–10 represent the letters A–J 同義詞
- ▪ be a symbol or embodiment of (a particular quality or thing) the three heads of Cerberus represent the past, present, and future 同義詞
- ▪ play the part of (someone) in a theatrical production.
- 4. formal state or point out (something) clearly it was represented to him that she would be an unsuitable wife 同義詞
- ▪ allege; claim the vendors have represented that such information is accurate 同義詞
- include a disproportionately large number of (a particular category): using telephone owners as the sampling list would seriously over-represent the better off
- provide with insufficient or inadequate representation: women are under-represented at high levels
- be entitled or appointed to act or speak for (someone), especially in an official capacity: for purposes of litigation, an infant can and must be represented by an adult
...個字當「代理／代表」意思時，用法有什麼差別是嗎? represent動詞 代理 She represented our... did the Statue of Liberty represent for new Immigrants? The king is represented...
present 跟 represent的差異?? present (Vt.) -- 贈送,呈獻 -- present (物) to 人 = give 物 to 人...play jokes on him whenever the opportunity presented itself. represent (Vt.) -- -- (抽象地)表現; 某物 represent (呈現 or 表現)出... In this...
...client. I speak on behalf of Tom 有點替Tom說幾句話的口氣 represent 就不限在人或人組成的團體,機構, 但是用在人時, 有比較強烈的代表性, 隱含...