- refuse to accept; reject；refuse to fulfil or discharge (an agreement, obligation, or debt)
verb: repudiate, 3rd person present: repudiates, gerund or present participle: repudiating, past tense: repudiated, past participle: repudiated
- 1. refuse to accept; reject she has repudiated policies associated with previous party leaders 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ refuse to fulfil or discharge (an agreement, obligation, or debt) breach of a condition gives the other party the right to repudiate a contract 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (in the past or in non-Christian religions) disown or divorce (one's wife) Philip was excommunicated in 1095 because he had repudiated his wife 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. deny the truth or validity of the minister repudiated allegations of human rights abuses 同義詞 反義詞
- refuse to accept or be associated with: she has repudiated policies associated with previous party leaders
Oxford American Dictionary
...斷絕關係 quarantine 使孤立;與...斷絕關係 renounce 與...斷絕關係,拒絕承認(子女等) repudiate 與...斷絕關係;聲明休(妻) repudiation 拒絕;否認;斷絕關係;拋棄 split 分裂;斷絕...
...data on positive impacts of capital punishment. You should also consider and repudiate the other side of argument. 2007-11-14 20:40:23 補充： Happened to come across...
... only a bad workman who quarrels with his tools and repudiates Kuropatkin's criticism of the rank and file.13.窮則變→Adversity...