- the action of reserving something；an arrangement whereby something, especially a seat or room, is reserved for a particular person
noun: reservation, plural noun: reservations
- 1. the action of reserving something the reservation of positions for non-Americans
- ▪ an arrangement whereby something, especially a seat or room, is reserved for a particular person do you have a reservation? 同義詞
- ▪ (in church use) the practice of retaining a portion of the consecrated elements after Mass for communion of the sick or as a focus for devotion.
- 2. an expression of doubt qualifying overall approval of a plan or statement some generals voiced reservations about making air strikes 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. an area of land set aside for occupation by North American Indians or Australian Aboriginal people the boy's family live on a reservation 同義詞
- 4. a right or interest retained in an estate being conveyed the retention of a right to enter the demised property will be a reservation
- 5. (in the Roman Catholic Church) the action of a superior of reserving to himself the power of absolution.
- ▪ a right reserved to the Pope of nomination to a vacant benefice.