- the fact of living in a place；a residential post held by a writer, musician, or artist, typically for teaching purposes
noun: residency, plural noun: residencies
- 1. the fact of living in a place:
a government ruling confirmed the returning refugees' right to residency
- 2. a residential post held by a writer, musician, or artist, typically for teaching purposes:
the photographs were taken in East London during an artist-in-school residency
- 3. the official residence of the Governor General's representative or other government agent, especially at the court of an Indian state.
- 4. an organization of intelligence agents in a foreign country:
he made contact with the KGB residency in Aden
- 5. a musician's regular engagement at a club or other venue:
he saw me at a folk club where I was doing the residency one Sunday night
- 6. a period of specialized medical training in a hospital; the position of a resident.
- n.the fact of living in a place:
- a government ruling confirmed the returning refugees' right to residency
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary