- withstand the action or effect of；try to prevent by action or argument
- a resistant substance applied as a coating to protect a surface during some process, for example to prevent dye or glaze adhering
noun: resist, plural noun: resists
verb: resist, 3rd person present: resists, gerund or present participle: resisting, past tense: resisted, past participle: resisted
- 1. withstand the action or effect of antibodies help us to resist infection 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ try to prevent by action or argument we will continue to resist changes to the treaty 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ succeed in ignoring the attraction of (something wrong or unwise) I couldn't resist buying the blouse she resisted his advances 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ struggle against someone or something without giving her time to resist, he dragged her off her feet 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. a resistant substance applied as a coating to protect a surface during some process, for example to prevent dye or glaze adhering new lithographic techniques require their own special resists the exposed areas of resist will soften
...的特色，會用不同的字眼，來做宣傳。 假如你硬要用力翻，之後做比較 water resist 是一種 直接的表達方法 "防水" water prove 是一種被動是的宣傳 "...
[ dead resisting arrest 可是後面這段為何可以這樣描述? 不要將 dead resisting arrest 一起...和 resisting arrest （當拒補時）： The robber was shot dead resisting arrest. 以文法來說，這句用到兩個文法重點，一個是 shoot someone dead 的動詞...
...）: protect ，它的Synonyms（同義字/類義字）裏面就有 resist，另外還有safeguard、 ward off、 fend off、guard against等等一大串，族繁不及備載...