- the refusal to accept or comply with something；the use of force or violence to oppose someone or something
noun: resistance, plural noun: resistances
- 1. the refusal to accept or comply with something they displayed a narrow-minded resistance to change 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the use of force or violence to oppose someone or something government forces were unable to crush guerrilla-style resistance she put up no resistance to being led away 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a secret organization resisting authority, especially in an occupied country he went underground and joined the resistance 同義詞
- ▪ the underground movement formed in France during the Second World War to fight the German occupying forces and the Vichy government.
- 2. the ability not to be affected by something, especially adversely some of us have a lower resistance to cold than others
- ▪ lack of sensitivity to a drug, insecticide, etc., especially as a result of continued exposure or genetic change many insects show resistance to at least one chemical 同義詞
- 3. the impeding or stopping effect exerted by one material thing on another air resistance was reduced by streamlining
- 4. the degree to which a substance or device opposes the passage of an electric current, causing energy dissipation. By Ohm's law resistance (measured in ohms) is equal to the voltage divided by the current.
- ▪ a resistor or other circuit component which opposes the passage of an electric current.
resistance movement 是反抗運動，resistance organization 是反抗組織，非常少見 resistance party這個詞，即使有，也只能依照字面翻譯為「反抗性質的政黨」。 當有政治...
他曾經是地下"反抗行動"的一員 resistance movement: 反抗行動
...別人怎麼說，我就跟著說 = 人云亦云 I took the path of least resistance and agreed with the others. 我走上阻力最小的路徑，人云亦云...