- a firm decision to do or not to do something；a formal expression of opinion or intention agreed on by a legislative body, committee, or other formal meeting, typically after taking a vote
noun: resolution, plural noun: resolutions
- 1. a firm decision to do or not to do something she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more a New Year's resolution 同義詞
- ▪ a formal expression of opinion or intention agreed on by a legislative body, committee, or other formal meeting, typically after taking a vote the conference passed two resolutions 同義詞
- 2. the quality of being determined or resolute he handled the last French actions of the war with resolution 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter the peaceful resolution of all disputes a successful resolution to the problem 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the passing of a discord into a concord during the course of changing harmony tension is released by the resolution from the dominant to the tonic chord
- ▪ the disappearance of inflammation, or of any other symptom or condition complete remission was defined as resolution of clinical evidence of disease
- 4. the process of reducing or separating something into its components.
- ▪ the replacing of a single force or other vector quantity by two or more jointly equivalent to it.
- 5. the smallest interval measurable by a scientific (especially optical) instrument; the resolving power.
- ▪ the degree of detail visible in a photographic or television image a high-resolution monitor
- 6. the conversion of something abstract into another form the gradual resolution of an uncertain feeling into a named emotion
- ▪ the substitution of two short syllables for one long one.
...dramatic as that achieved with HDTV when compared to standard resolution. =From short viewing distance the improvement in definition is as dramatic...
resolution除了銀幕畫素之外 最常用的意思是決心﹐還有新年新希望就叫 New York resolution solution是問題的解答 還有溶液的意思
我的新年新希望。 My New Year's resolution. 首先,我希望這一學期我所有的學科都能all pass. First...of the above are my New Year's resolutions.