- say something in reply；(of a congregation) say or sing the response in reply to a priest.
- a half-pillar or half-pier attached to a wall to support an arch, especially at the end of an arcade.；(in church use) a response to a versicle; a responsory.
verb: respond, 3rd person present: responds, gerund or present participle: responding, past tense: responded, past participle: responded
noun: respond, plural noun: responds
- 1. say something in reply she could not get Robert to respond to her words he responded that it would not be feasible 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a congregation) say or sing the response in reply to a priest.
- 2. (of a person) do something as a reaction to someone or something she responded to his grin with a smile
- ▪ react quickly or positively to a stimulus or treatment his back injury has failed to respond to treatment 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ make (a bid) in answer to one's partner's preceding bid to partner's opening one heart it is dangerous to respond two clubs East would have responded holding a high spade honour plus an ace
- 1. a half-pillar or half-pier attached to a wall to support an arch, especially at the end of an arcade.
- 2. (in church use) a response to a versicle; a responsory.