- the remaining part of something；the remaining people or things; the others
- remain or be left in a specified condition
noun: rest, plural noun: rest
- 1. the remaining part of something what do you want to do for the rest of your life? I'll tell you the rest tomorrow night
- ▪ the remaining people or things; the others the rest of us were experienced skiers
- 2. a small, detached portion of an organ or tissue.
- 3. a rally in real tennis.
- 1. remain or be left in a specified condition you can rest assured she will do everything she can