過去式：retired 過去分詞：retired 現在分詞：retiring
- 1. 退休 to retire early or prematurely 提前退休 retiring age 退休年齡
- 2. 退下 the jury retired from the courtroom 陪審團退庭 to retire from public life 從公眾視野中消失
- 3. 就寢
- 4. 退出比賽 to retire injured 受傷退出比賽
- 1. 使…退休 to be retired on grounds of ill health 病退 to be compulsorily retired 被強制退休
1. leave one's job and cease to work, typically on reaching the normal age for leaving service
2. compel (an employee) to leave their job, especially before they have reached retirement age
3. withdraw to or from a particular place
4. go to bed
5. (of a military force) retreat from an enemy or an attacking position
「1. (of a military force) retreat from an enemy or an attacking position」的反義字
retire to bed 是就寢 retire for the night 晚上上床睡覺.這是很正式的說法.還有一些上床睡覺的說法例: hit the sack 或 turn in
... been selectedto replace Henri Valois, who is retiring as president and executive officer ofthe Marteux Pharmaceutical ...
... Page是下個星期才會退休,乍看之下必須要用未來式(will retire)或是未來完成式(will have retired),但是受限於上面所提的文法,所以此...