- (of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat；move back or withdraw
- an act of moving back or withdrawing；an act of changing one's mind or plans as a result of criticism or difficulty
noun: retreat, plural noun: retreats
- 1. (of an army) withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power or after a defeat:
the French retreated in disarray
- 2. move back or withdraw:
it becomes so hot that the lizards retreat into the shade
the ice retreated during warmer periods called interglacials
- 3. withdraw to a quiet or secluded place:
after the funeral he retreated to Scotland
- 4. change one's mind or plans as a result of criticism or difficulty:
his proposals were clearly unreasonable and he was forced to retreat
- 5. (of shares) decline in value:
the company reported healthy figures but the shares retreated
- 6. move (a piece) back from a forward or threatened position on the board.
- 1. an act of moving back or withdrawing:
a speedy retreat
the army was in retreat
- 2. an act of changing one's mind or plans as a result of criticism or difficulty:
the trade unions made a retreat from their earlier position
- 3. a signal for a military force to withdraw:
the bugle sounded a retreat
- 4. a military musical ceremony carried out at sunset, originating in the playing of drums and bugles to tell soldiers to return to camp for the night.
- 5. a quiet or secluded place in which one can rest and relax:
their country retreat in Ireland
- 6. a period or place of seclusion for the purposes of prayer and meditation:
the bishop is away on his annual retreat
before his ordination he went into retreat
- 7. a decline in the value of shares:
a gloomy stock market forecast sent share prices into a rapid retreat
retreat 原本的意思是教會的會友到某地靜修。時下，retreat 都是以到某地旅遊的方式來舉辦. 2013-01-13 14:36...retreat 原本的意思是教會的會友到某地靜修。時下，retreat 都是以到某地旅遊的方式來舉辦. annual staff retreat...
隱退處;休養所[C] He went to his mountain retreat for the weekend. 他去山中的休養所過週末。 因此這邊的coastal retreats 應該是指海邊的度假屋或海邊度假休憩所.
“It’s quite straightforward,” said Adam Gough, Natural Retreats’ head of technical services, when asked about Nordic style. 求中文?
...s quite straightforward,” said Adam Gough, Natural Retreats’ head of technical services, when asked about Nordic style...