- come or go back to a place or person；go back to (a particular situation)
- an act of coming or going back to a place or activity；an act of going back to an earlier state or situation
verb: return, 3rd person present: returns, gerund or present participle: returning, past tense: returned, past participle: returned
noun: return, plural noun: returns
- 1. come or go back to a place or person he returned to America in the late autumn 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ go back to (a particular situation) I'll be glad when things return to normal
- ▪ divert one's attention back to he returned to his newspaper
- ▪ (especially of a feeling) reoccur after a period of absence her appetite had returned 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ play the last nine holes in a round of eighteen holes McAllister went out in 43 and returned in 32
- 2. give, put, or send (something) back to a place or person complete the application form and return it to this address 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ feel, say, or do (the same feeling, action, etc.) in response she returned his kiss 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (in tennis and other sports) hit or send (the ball) back to an opponent the aim is to make the other side unable to return the ball 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ intercept (a pass, kick, or fumble by the opposing team) and run upfield with the ball they had six passes intercepted—five were returned for touchdowns
- ▪ (of a judge or jury) state or present (a decision or verdict) in response to a formal request the jury returned the unanimous guilty verdict 同義詞
- ▪ lead (a card, especially one of a suit led earlier by one's partner) after taking a trick he returned a Diamond won by his partner who now played the 10 of Spades
- 3. yield or make (a profit) the company returned a profit of £4.3 million 同義詞
- 4. (of an electorate) elect (a person or party) to office the city of Glasgow returned eleven Labour MPs 同義詞
- 5. continue (a wall) in a changed direction, especially at right angles.
- 1. an act of coming or going back to a place or activity he celebrated his safe return from the war a return flight 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an act of going back to an earlier state or situation the designer advocated a return to elegance 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the action of returning something the tape is ready to despatch to you on return of the documents 同義詞
- ▪ (in tennis and other sports) a stroke played in response to a serve or other stroke by one's opponent.
- ▪ a thing which has been given or sent back, especially an unwanted ticket for a sporting event or play it might be worth checking with the box office for returns 同義詞
- ▪ British a ticket which allows someone to travel to a place and back again a return ticket to the airport 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an electrical conductor bringing a current back to its source.
- ▪ a second contest between the same opponents he scored his first Test try in the return at Avignon
- 2. a profit from an investment product areas are being developed to produce maximum returns 同義詞
- ▪ a good rate of return.
- 3. an official report or statement submitted in response to a formal demand census returns 同義詞
- ▪ a returning officer's announcement of an election result falsification of the election return
- ▪ an endorsement or report by a court officer or sheriff on a writ.
- 4. election to office I campaigned for the return of forty-four MPs
- 5. a mechanism or key on a typewriter that returns the carriage to a fixed position at the start of a new line.
- ▪ a key pressed on a computer keyboard to simulate a carriage return in a word-processing program, or to indicate the end of a command or data string.
- 6. a part receding from the line of the front, for example the side of a house or of a window opening.
return 和 back 的不同 1. 除了當作名詞、形容詞、動詞使用之外，back 還可以當作副詞使用而 return 不可以；例如《星際大戰五部曲：帝國大反擊》 ...美式足球的四分衛叫做 quarterback，這些用法都不可換用 return。 5. return home 是對的說法，港澳居民來往內地通行證...
Return on Investment (ROI) = 投資利潤 / 投資回收率其他有關的資料供您參考Return on Assets (ROA) = 資產利潤Return on Equity (ROE) = 股票利潤Return on Invested ...
如您所問的, I will return safely. 才是正確的, 我會平安歸來. 不用 safely 卻也説的過去...您確定它本身是正確文法? 就像您說的, 如用 I will return safe. 不對呀, 文句光這樣寫, 會被英文老師打成錯誤. 這句型...