- deep respect for someone or something；a gesture indicative of deep respect; a bow or curtsy
- regard or treat with deep respect
noun: reverence, plural noun: reverences
verb: reverence, 3rd person present: reverences, gerund or present participle: reverencing, past tense: reverenced, past participle: reverenced
- 1. deep respect for someone or something rituals showed honour and reverence for the dead
- ▪ a gesture indicative of deep respect; a bow or curtsy the messenger made his reverence
- ▪ a title or form of address to a member of the clergy, especially a priest in Ireland I regret, Your Reverence, that I cannot come to meet you
- 1. regard or treat with deep respect the many divine beings reverenced by Hindu tradition
- deep respect for someone or something: rituals showed honor and reverence for the dead
- regard or treat with deep respect: the many divine beings reverenced by Hindu tradition
Oxford American Dictionary
... Emerson 寫的句子： The stars awaken a certain reverence, because though always present, they are inaccessible... 像吧？！
...forward, walking next to the young initiate with his head bowed in reverence to the Initiator that beckoned them. 「一位首領走向前去...
...darkness: let it grow. Let knowledge grow from more to more, But more of reverence in us dwell; That mind and soul, according well, May...