- deep respect for someone or something；a gesture indicative of deep respect; a bow or curtsy
- regard or treat with deep respect
noun: reverence, plural noun: reverences
verb: reverence, 3rd person present: reverences, gerund or present participle: reverencing, past tense: reverenced, past participle: reverenced
- 1. deep respect for someone or something rituals showed honour and reverence for the dead
- ▪ a gesture indicative of deep respect; a bow or curtsy the messenger made his reverence
- ▪ a title or form of address to a member of the clergy, especially a priest in Ireland I regret, Your Reverence, that I cannot come to meet you
- 1. regard or treat with deep respect the many divine beings reverenced by Hindu tradition
- deep respect for someone or something: rituals showed honor and reverence for the dead
- regard or treat with deep respect: the many divine beings reverenced by Hindu tradition
Oxford American Dictionary
... Emerson 寫的句子： The stars awaken a certain reverence, because though always present, they are inaccessible... 像吧？！
...darkness: let it grow. Let knowledge grow from more to more, But more of reverence in us dwell; That mind and soul, according well, May...
...forward, walking next to the young initiate with his head bowed in reverence to the Initiator that beckoned them. 「一位首領走向前去...