- make (a sailing ship or boat) ready for sailing by providing it with sails and rigging；assemble and adjust (the equipment of a sailboat, aircraft, etc.) to make it ready for operation
- the particular way in which a sailboat's masts, sails, and rigging are arranged；the sail, mast, and boom of a sailboard
noun: rig, plural noun: rigs
- 1. make (a sailing ship or boat) ready for sailing by providing it with sails and rigging the catamaran will be rigged as a ketch a gaff-rigged cutter 同義詞
- ▪ assemble and adjust (the equipment of a sailboat, aircraft, etc.) to make it ready for operation most sails are kept ready rigged
- ▪ set up (equipment or a device or structure), typically hastily or in makeshift fashion he had rigged up a sort of tent the crew began to rig the camera equipment on a platform 同義詞
- ▪ provide (someone) with clothes of a particular style or type a cavalry regiment rigged out in green and gold 同義詞
- 1. the particular way in which a sailboat's masts, sails, and rigging are arranged the yacht will emerge from the yard with her original rig
- ▪ the sail, mast, and boom of a sailboard the stronger the wind, the later you release the rig
- 2. an apparatus, device, or piece of equipment designed for a particular purpose a lighting rig 同義詞
- ▪ an oil rig or drilling rig the North Sea rigs
- ▪ (in CB and shortwave radio) a transmitter and receiver the CB rig in the car was on channel 20
- ▪ a set of amplifiers and speakers used by a live band or a DJ in a club.
- ▪ a particular type of construction for fishing tackle that bears the bait and hook the setup with the smaller hook is free of lead and known as a free-line rig
- 3. a person's costume, outfit, or style of dress the rig of the Army Air Corps 同義詞
- 4. North American informal a tractor-trailer.