- a full, deep, prolonged cry uttered by a lion or other large wild animal；a loud, deep sound uttered by a person or crowd, generally as an expression of pain, anger, or approval
- (of a lion or other large wild animal) utter a full, deep, prolonged cry；(of a person or crowd) utter a loud, deep, prolonged sound, typically from anger, pain, or excitement
verb: roar, 3rd person present: roars, gerund or present participle: roaring, past tense: roared, past participle: roared
- 1. a full, deep, prolonged cry uttered by a lion or other large wild animal she waited for the lion's roar
- ▪ a loud, deep sound uttered by a person or crowd, generally as an expression of pain, anger, or approval he gave a roar of rage 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ a loud outburst of laughter her remarks brought a roar of laughter from the old man 同義詞
- ▪ a very loud, deep, prolonged sound made by something inanimate the roar of the sea 同義詞
- 1. (of a lion or other large wild animal) utter a full, deep, prolonged cry we heard a lion roar
- ▪ (of a person or crowd) utter a loud, deep, prolonged sound, typically from anger, pain, or excitement Manfred roared with rage 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of something inanimate) make a very loud, deep, prolonged sound a huge fire roared in the grate 同義詞
- ▪ utter or express in a loud tone the crowd roared its approval ‘Get out of my way!’ he roared
- ▪ (of a crowd) encourage (someone) to do something by loud shouts or cheering Damon Hill will be roared on this weekend by a huge home crowd
- ▪ laugh loudly Shirley roared in amusement 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a horse) make a loud noise in breathing as a symptom of disease of the larynx.
- 2. (especially of a vehicle) move at high speed making a loud prolonged sound a car roared past 同義詞
- ▪ act or happen fast and decisively or conspicuously Swindon roared back with two goals
- berate or reprimand someone
- extremely close or near (to)
- do very good business
roar to life during his shower 意思是在淋浴時恢復元氣...
這是我去找的，不過我不太確定這個對不對 有中文和英文的 咆哮陣營運氣 出版根據特別安排與Houghton, Mifflin Company 版權1892 年和1899 年由Bret Harte 。版權所有。 這裡是混亂在咆哮陣營。這不能是一次戰鬥, 1805 年在不是足夠新穎一起...
He is a roaring, snorting engine of destruction virtually impervious to physical harm.他是一個咆哮...