- the solid mineral material forming part of the surface of the earth and other similar planets, exposed on the surface or underlying the soil；a mass of rock projecting above the earth's surface or out of the sea
noun: rock, plural noun: rocks
- 1. the solid mineral material forming part of the surface of the earth and other similar planets, exposed on the surface or underlying the soil the beds of rock are slightly tilted a piece of rock
- ▪ a mass of rock projecting above the earth's surface or out of the sea there are dangerous rocks around the island 同義詞
- ▪ any natural material, hard or soft (e.g. clay), having a distinctive mineral composition.
- ▪ informal name for Gibraltar.
- ▪ Canadian informal a name for Newfoundland
- 2. a large piece of rock which has become detached from a cliff or mountain; a boulder the stream flowed through a jumble of rocks
- ▪ North American a stone of any size the crowd threw a few rocks and dispersed 同義詞
- ▪ British a kind of hard confectionery in the form of cylindrical peppermint-flavoured sticks a stick of rock
- ▪ informal a precious stone, especially a diamond. 同義詞
- ▪ informal a small piece of crack cocaine crack sells for $20 a rock the police discovered six ounces of rock in his van
- ▪ vulgar slang a man's testicles.
- 3. used to refer to someone or something that is extremely strong, reliable, or hard the Irish scrum has been as solid as a rock 同義詞
- ▪ (especially with allusion to shipwrecks) a source of danger or destruction the new system is heading for the rocks
- 4. US informal, dated money.
...被省略的字母；例如goin'代替going；can't代替cannot。所以Rock and Roll的簡寫照規矩來應該是Rock 'n' Roll -- 前面...
... Through It" are movie titles. "3rd Rock from the Sun" is a TV program name. "Rock"...
Hello 小噗, 有些字好像有拼錯, 希望你不介意我幫你做更改 :) Rock-a-bye Baby 搖籃曲 Rock-a-bye baby on the tree top, 搖啊搖寶貝...