- a small disk, especially a decorative medallion.；a picture or pattern contained in a circle.
noun: roundel, plural noun: roundels
- 1. a small disk, especially a decorative medallion.
- ▪ a picture or pattern contained in a circle.
- ▪ a plain filled circle as a charge (often with a special name according to color).
- ▪ a circular identifying mark painted on military aircraft, as, for example, the red, white, and blue of the RAF.
- 2. a short poem consisting of three stanzas of three lines each, rhyming alternately, with the opening words repeated as a refrain after the first and third stanzas. The form, a variant of the rondeau, was developed by Swinburne.
- a small disc, especially a decorative medallion.