- bring out of sleep; awaken；cease to sleep or to be inactive; wake up
verb: rouse, 3rd person present: rouses, gerund or present participle: rousing, past tense: roused, past participle: roused
- 1. bring out of sleep; awaken she was roused from a deep sleep by a hand on her shoulder 同義詞
- ▪ cease to sleep or to be inactive; wake up she roused and looked around 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ startle out of inactivity; cause to become active once the enemy camp was roused, they would move on the castle she'd just stay a few more minutes, then rouse herself and go back
- ▪ startle (game) from a lair or cover.
- 2. cause to feel angry or excited the crowds were roused to fever pitch by the drama of the race 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cause or give rise to (an emotion or feeling) his evasiveness roused my curiosity 同義詞 反義詞
- 3. stir (a liquid, especially beer while brewing) rouse the beer as the hops are introduced
- 4. archaic haul (something) vigorously in the specified direction rouse the cable out
- cause to stop sleeping: she was roused from a deep sleep by a hand on her shoulder
To rousing applause at the United Nations, Obama said Sunday he is committing the United States ... 前面是翻譯為哪一個？ 1.為了在聯合國獲得贊同 2.在聯合國熱烈的掌聲中?
...討論，同樣的用法，(只可惜搔不到癢處) To rousing applause, President Barack Obama... up to / facing up to) an audience of rousing applause receiving an rousing applause from...
...3. 事情的起因，歸咎於（ from） – Accidents arise from carelessness Rouse 1. 叫醒，覺醒，清醒 – He was roused by the telephone...
...level. (學生的表現提升了) Arose (Arise 不及物動詞) 喚醒，激起 roused (rouse 及物動詞) 喚醒，激起 由於上面已經講解了，不及物動詞跟及物動詞的...