- a disorderly retreat of defeated troops；a decisive defeat
- defeat and cause to retreat in disorder
noun: rout, plural noun: routs
- 1. a disorderly retreat of defeated troops the retreat degenerated into a rout the army was in a state of demoralization verging on rout 同義詞
- ▪ a decisive defeat the party lost more than half their seats in the rout 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. dated an assembly of people who have made a move toward committing an illegal act which would constitute an offense of riot.
- ▪ archaic a disorderly or tumultuous crowd of people a rout of strangers ought not to be admitted
- 3. archaic a large evening party or reception.
- 1. defeat and cause to retreat in disorder in a matter of minutes the attackers were routed 同義詞