- a way or course taken in getting from a starting point to a destination；the line of a road, path, railroad, etc.
- send or direct along a specified course
verb: route, 3rd person present: routes, gerund or present participle: routing, past tense: routed, past participle: routeing
noun: route, plural noun: routes
- 1. a way or course taken in getting from a starting point to a destination the most direct route is via Los Angeles
- ▪ the line of a road, path, railroad, etc.
- ▪ a circuit traveled in delivering, selling, or collecting goods.
- ▪ a method or process leading to a specified result the many routes to a healthier diet will be described
- 1. send or direct along a specified course all lines of communication were routed through Atlanta