- propel (a boat) with oars；travel by rowing a boat
- a spell of rowing.
verb: row, 3rd person present: rows, gerund or present participle: rowing, past tense: rowed, past participle: rowed
- 1. propel (a boat) with oars out in the bay a small figure was rowing a rubber dinghy
- ▪ travel by rowing a boat we rowed down the river all day
- ▪ convey (a passenger) in a boat by rowing it her father was rowing her across the lake
- ▪ engage in the sport of rowing, especially competitively he rowed for England he rowed stroke in the University Eight
- 1. a spell of rowing.