- move one's hand or a cloth repeatedly back and forth on the surface of (something) with firm pressure；move (one's hand, a cloth, or another object) back and forth over a surface
- an act of rubbing；an ointment designed to be rubbed on the skin to ease pain
noun: rub, plural noun: rubs
- 1. move one's hand or a cloth repeatedly back and forth on the surface of (something) with firm pressure:
she rubbed her arm, where she had a large bruise
he rubbed at the dirt on his jeans
- 2. move (one's hand, a cloth, or another object) back and forth over a surface:
he rubbed a finger around the rim of his mug
- 3. (with reference to two things) to move or cause to move to and fro against each other with a certain amount of pressure and friction:
many insects make noises by rubbing parts of their bodies together
the ice breaks into small floes that rub against each other
- 4. (of shoes or other hard items in contact with the skin) cause pain through friction:
badly fitting shoes can rub painfully
- 5. make dry, clean, or smooth with pressure from a hand, cloth, or other object:
she found a towel and began rubbing her hair
she rubbed herself as dry as possible
- 6. spread (ointment, polish, or a substance of similar consistency) over a surface with repeated movements of one's hand or a cloth:
she took out her sunblock and rubbed some on her nose
- 7. work an ingredient into (a mixture) by breaking and blending it with firm movements of one's fingers:
sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the fat
- 8. reproduce the design of (a gravestone, memorial tablet, etc.) by laying paper on it and rubbing the paper with charcoal, colored chalk, etc.
- 9. (of a bowl in lawn bowling) be slowed or diverted by the unevenness of the ground.
- 1. an act of rubbing:
she pulled out a towel and gave her head a quick rub
- 2. an ointment designed to be rubbed on the skin to ease pain:
a muscle rub
- 3. a mixture of spices and other seasonings that is applied to the surface of meat or fish before cooking:
he will be using coffee in a rub for a rack of lamb
- 4. a difficulty, especially one of central importance in a situation:
that was the rub—she had not cared enough
- 5. (in lawn bowling) an uneven patch of ground that impedes or diverts a bowl.
apply 就是用, 應用. spread 有塗抹開來的意思 rub 有 摩擦, 揉進去的意思 是有一點不一樣. 還有就是習慣用法, 你絕對不會說...
這是因為連音的關係。連音就是語音學中的 the linking of sounds，連音發生的必要條件如下：1. 必須在同一個意群 (thought group) 中的單字之間，方可產生連音。2. 當前一個字的字尾是子音，後一個字的字首是母音，此二音連唸形成連音。意群又稱氣群 (breath group...
●揉眼睛 =RUB EYES RUB有揉一揉的意思!!!! ●其他補充: RUB... back against my leg. 貓用背擦我的腿。 用...擦,擦上 He rubbed himself with a towel after the cold shower. 他冷水淋浴後用毛巾擦身。 把...