- think deeply about something；(of a ruminant) chew the cud
verb: ruminate, 3rd person present: ruminates, gerund or present participle: ruminating, past tense: ruminated, past participle: ruminated
- 1. think deeply about something:
we sat ruminating on the nature of existence
- 2. (of a ruminant) chew the cud:
goats ruminated nonchalantly around them
- v.think deeply about something:
- we sat ruminating on the nature of existence
Powered by New Oxford American Dictionary
...商業週刊粉有趣的喔：fret over + 蘋果＝為蘋果擔心，不是吃蘋果哩，而且它跟 ruminate /obsess兩個動詞相互輝映.....^^ 2006-07-19 12:31:42 補充： While most of...
...cogitate, consider, contemplate, deliberate, entertain, excogitate, meditate, mull, muse1, reflect, revolve, ruminate, study, think, think out, think over, think through, turn over, weigh. Idioms: cudgel...
... father has disappeared or probably died. So to ruminate for every ways and methods, one day the writer Giddens ...