run away with
- 與...一起跑掉; (馬等)拖著...驚跑；(馬、汽車等)速度過快使(騎者、駕駛者)控制不住
- 1. 與...一起跑掉; (馬等)拖著...驚跑 The horse took the fright and ran away with the carriage. 馬受驚了, 拖著馬車狂跑。
- 2. (馬、汽車等)速度過快使(騎者、駕駛者)控制不住 Don't let your car run away with you. 不要讓你的車開得太快而失去控制。
- 3. (感情等)戰勝, 制伏, 不受...的約束 You tend to let your feelings run away with you. 你易於感情用事。 Her temper ran away with her. 她按捺不住, 大發脾氣。
- 4. 偷走 Someone ran away with our jewels while we were out. 我們不在家時有人偷走了我們的珠寶。
- 5. 與...私奔 Knowing her father's opposition to the young man, she decided to run away with him. 她知道父親反對那個青年人, 就決定和他私奔。
- 6. 輕而易舉地贏得(比賽、獎品等); 在(戲劇表演中)顯得很出眾 Our team ran away with the game in the last half. 我們隊在下半場比賽中整場取勝。 As usual, he ran away with the highest honours. 和往常一樣, 他取得了最高榮譽。
- 7. 輕率地接受(意見等) Don't ever run away with the idea that bankruptcy is a joke. 切莫認為破產是一件開玩笑的事。
- 8. 消耗, 花掉(金錢、時間等) Holidays abroad run away with a lot of money. 在國外渡假耗費很多金錢。
捲款潛逃 ---> Run away with (loads of) cash捲款潛逃 ---> Took the cash and hit off the road (比較口語說法)
"Run away from home" fits better with the context. Examples of using "escape" and "flee"...
... hands in his pockets (介系詞片語). She ran away with her boyfriend left (過去分詞) behind. It's not appropriate to tell a joke...