- feeling or showing sorrow; unhappy；causing or characterized by sorrow or regret; unfortunate and regrettable
- 1. feeling or showing sorrow; unhappy I was sad and subdued they looked at her with sad, anxious faces 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ causing or characterized by sorrow or regret; unfortunate and regrettable he told her the sad story of his life a sad day for us all 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. informal pathetically inadequate or unfashionable the show is tongue-in-cheek—anyone who takes it seriously is a bit sad
- 3. (of dough) heavy through having failed to rise.