- an orange-yellow flavouring, food colouring, and dye made from the dried stigmas of a crocus.；the orange-yellow colour of saffron
noun: saffron, plural noun: saffrons
- 1. an orange-yellow flavouring, food colouring, and dye made from the dried stigmas of a crocus.
- ▪ the orange-yellow colour of saffron the saffron robe of a Buddhist monk
- 2. an autumn-flowering crocus with reddish-purple flowers, native to warmer regions of Eurasia. Enormous numbers of flowers are required to produce a small quantity of the large red stigmas used for the spice.
- an orange-yellow flavoring, food coloring, and dye made from the dried stigmas of a crocus: saffron buns
Oxford American Dictionary
... in roasted tomato broth 蕃茄蛋花湯 或是, 水煮蛋蕃茄湯 saffron mussel stew 番紅花燉蛤蜊 (番紅花是什麼? 請看: http://www.libertytimes...
... on the plains of La Mancha) is the saffron capital of La Mancha. It is historic in that it is...
...less spicy favor. They season the food with spice , for example rosemary, basil, mint, saffron or thyme.