- set apart as or declare holy; consecrate；make legitimate or binding by a religious ceremony
verb: sanctify, 3rd person present: sanctifies, gerund or present participle: sanctifying, past tense: sanctified, past participle: sanctified
- 1. set apart as or declare holy; consecrate a small shrine was built to sanctify the site 同義詞
- ▪ make legitimate or binding by a religious ceremony their love is sanctified by the sacrament of marriage 同義詞
- ▪ free from sin; purify may God sanctify his soul 同義詞
- ▪ cause to be or seem morally right or acceptable ancient customs that are sanctified by tradition
- set apart as or declare holy; consecrate: a small shrine was built to sanctify the site
Oxford American Dictionary
sacred holy divine 2010-08-03 10:14:42 補充： sanctified Saintly
...grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified."現在我把你們交託給神和祂恩惠的道，這道能建立你們，也能在所有成聖...
...正經的人 psych out:假裝精神失常以逃避 put on:假裝;誇大 put-on:做作的;假裝的 sanctified:假裝神聖的 sanctimonious:假裝虔誠的;假裝聖潔的 sanctimoniously:假裝神聖地;偽善地...