- meet the expectations, needs, or desires of (someone)；fulfill (a desire or need)
verb: satisfy, 3rd person present: satisfies, gerund or present participle: satisfying, past tense: satisfied, past participle: satisfied
- 1. meet the expectations, needs, or desires of (someone) I have never been satisfied with my job wealth, the promise of the eighties, has failed to satisfy 同義詞 please, content, make happy反義詞 dissatisfy, frustrate
- ▪ fulfill (a desire or need) social services is trying to satisfy the needs of so many different groups 同義詞 fulfill, gratify, meet, fill, serve, ... 更多反義詞 frustrate
- ▪ provide (someone) with adequate information or proof so that they are convinced about something people need to be satisfied that the environmental assessments are accurate the chief engineer satisfied himself that it was not a weapon 同義詞 convince, persuade, assure, make certain, reassure, ... 更多
- ▪ adequately meet or comply with (a condition, obligation, or demand) the whole team is working to satisfy demand 同義詞 comply with, meet, fulfill, answer, conform to, ... 更多
- ▪ (of a quantity) make (an equation) true.
- ▪ pay off (a debt or creditor) there was insufficient collateral to satisfy the loan 同義詞 repay, pay, pay off, pay in full, settle, ... 更多