- meet the expectations, needs, or desires of (someone)；fulfil (a desire or need)
verb: satisfy, 3rd person present: satisfies, gerund or present participle: satisfying, past tense: satisfied, past participle: satisfied
- 1. meet the expectations, needs, or desires of (someone) I have never been satisfied with my job 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ fulfil (a desire or need) social services is trying to satisfy the needs of so many different groups 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ adequately meet or comply with (a condition, obligation, or demand) the whole team is working flat out to satisfy demand 同義詞
- ▪ pay off (a debt or creditor) there was insufficient collateral to satisfy the loan 同義詞
- 2. provide (someone) with adequate or convincing information or proof about something people need to be satisfied that the environmental assessments are accurate the chief engineer satisfied himself that it was not a weapon 同義詞
- 3. (of a quantity) make (an equation) true.