- (of an animal or force of nature) fierce, violent, and uncontrolled；cruel and vicious; aggressively hostile
- a brutal or vicious person；a member of a people regarded as primitive and uncivilized.
- (especially of a dog or wild animal) attack ferociously and maul；subject to a vicious verbal attack; criticize brutally
noun: savage, plural noun: savages
- 1. (of an animal or force of nature) fierce, violent, and uncontrolled packs of savage dogs roamed the streets 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ cruel and vicious; aggressively hostile a savage attack on the government 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. (of something bad or negative) very great; severe the decision was a savage blow for the town 同義詞
- 3. dated, offensive (of a person or group) primitive and uncivilized a savage race 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ (of a place) wild-looking and inhospitable; uncultivated. 同義詞
- 1. a brutal or vicious person the mother of one of the victims has described his assailants as savages 同義詞
- 2. dated, offensive a member of a people regarded as primitive and uncivilized. 同義詞
- 3. a representation of a bearded and semi-naked man with a wreath of leaves.
- 1. (especially of a dog or wild animal) attack ferociously and maul ewes savaged by marauding dogs 同義詞
- ▪ subject to a vicious verbal attack; criticize brutally Fowler savaged her in his next review 同義詞 反義詞