- keep safe or rescue (someone or something) from harm or danger；prevent (someone) from dying
- an instance of a relief pitcher saving a game.；(in soccer and hockey) an act of preventing an opponent's scoring
verb: save, 3rd person present: saves, gerund or present participle: saving, past tense: saved, past participle: saved
noun: save, plural noun: saves
- 1. keep safe or rescue (someone or something) from harm or danger she saved a boy from drowning 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ prevent (someone) from dying the doctors did everything they could to save him
- ▪ (in Christian use) preserve (a person's soul) from damnation church ladies approach me trying to save my soul
- ▪ keep (someone) in health (used in exclamations and formulaic expressions) God save the Queen
- 2. keep and store up (something, especially money) for future use she had never been able to save much from her salary you can save up for retirement in a number of ways 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ preserve (something) by not expending or using it save your strength till later
- ▪ North American informal used to tell someone to stop talking save it, Joey—I'm in big trouble now
- 3. keep (data) by moving a copy to a storage location, especially from memory save it to a new file
- 4. avoid the need to use up or spend (money, time, or other resources) save $20 on a new camcorder an efficient dishwasher would save them one year and three months at the sink 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ avoid, lessen, or guard against this approach saves wear and tear on the books the statement was made to save the government some embarrassment 同義詞 反義詞
- 5. prevent an opponent from scoring (a goal or point) in a game or from winning (the game) the powerful German saved three match points
- ▪ (of a goalkeeper in soccer and hockey) stop (a shot) from entering the goal.
- ▪ (of a relief pitcher in certain game situations) finish (a game) while preserving a winning position gained by another pitcher.
- 1. an instance of a relief pitcher saving a game.
- ▪ (in soccer and hockey) an act of preventing an opponent's scoring the keeper made a great save
- ▪ another term for sacrifice
- 2. an act of saving data to a storage location, usually the hard drive the recovery feature enables you to retrieve most of the edits you made since the last save
to 跟 from 幾乎是相反的意思 save... to... 省下...去做.... ex: save time to read (省下時間來閱讀) save... from... 省下...
...很多 看怎用 save1 vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb) 救,挽救[(+from)] He saved me from drowning. 他救了我,使我免遭溺斃。 The doctor saved...
*********************************** God save the Queen. Be that as it may, we must make savings. If...誤說成主詞以外, 前面這位專家大大如此的翻譯似乎都不太對........ God save the Queen = 天佑吾女王 Be that as it may, we must make savings...