- each of the small, thin horny or bony plates protecting the skin of fish and reptiles, typically overlapping one another.；a thick, dry flake of skin.
- remove scale or scales from；remove tartar from (teeth) by scraping them
noun: scale, plural noun: scales
verb: scale, 3rd person present: scales, gerund or present participle: scaling, past tense: scaled, past participle: scaled
- 1. each of the small, thin horny or bony plates protecting the skin of fish and reptiles, typically overlapping one another. 同義詞
- 2. a thick, dry flake of skin. 同義詞
- ▪ a rudimentary leaf, feather, or bract.
- ▪ each of numerous microscopic structures covering the wings of butterflies and moths.
- 3. a flaky covering or deposit.
- ▪ a white deposit formed in a kettle, boiler, etc. by the evaporation of water containing lime banging sounds emanating from the boiler may be caused by a build-up of scale 同義詞
- ▪ tartar formed on teeth.
- ▪ a coating of oxide formed on heated metal a spray-on chemical for removing welding scale and heat discoloration from stainless steel
- 1. remove scale or scales from he scales the fish and removes the innards
- ▪ remove tartar from (teeth) by scraping them dental hygienists give treatment such as scaling and polishing teeth
- 2. (especially of the skin) form scales the skin may scale and peel away with itching, stinging, or burning sensations in the infected area
- ▪ come off in scales or thin pieces; flake off the paint was scaling from the brick walls
請問這句話後面為什麼用完成式? He made a museum, and the metal pieces on the walls seem to have been designed to resemble fish scales.?
...have been designed之後其實有很多寫法，作者如果用觀察形容方式fish scales魚鱗，可以簡單寫作to have been designed like fish scales...
...taste response is not the result of response bias or a scaling artifact, but appears to have an anatomical/biological... that, unlike traditional adjective-labeled scales, both magnitude matching and Green's...
full scale value 測量數值區間 上下限=區間 The full scale (F.S.) value...測量範圍區間 The minimum value is the smallest possible full scale value for the nominal flow rate while the maximum value is the highest possible...