- barely sufficient or adequate；barely amounting to a specified number or quantity
- provide grudgingly or in insufficient amounts；deal with inadequately; neglect
verb: scant, 3rd person present: scants, gerund or present participle: scanting, past tense: scanted, past participle: scanted
- 1. barely sufficient or adequate companies with scant regard for the safety of future generations
- ▪ barely amounting to a specified number or quantity she weighed a scant two pounds
- 1. North American provide grudgingly or in insufficient amounts he does not scant his attention to the later writings
- ▪ North American deal with inadequately; neglect the press regularly scants a host of issues relating to safety and health
- barely sufficient or adequate: companies with scant regard for the safety of future generations
- provide grudgingly or in insufficient amounts: he does not scant his attention to the later writings
Oxford American Dictionary
兩字均為形容詞，scant 亦作 及物\不及物動詞、副詞、名詞用 並列比較其中差異如下： scanty...scant (a.)不充分的,不足的 (vt.)減少,吝嗇,限制,藐視,忽略 例句及分析： scant /sk'ænt/ Scant \Scant\, v. i. To fail...
...important matter? ＊weigh in at 加入 He weighed in at the competition. ＊with scant progress 因為努力不足 He didn't get good grades with her scant...
.... Barack Obama's experience is equally scant. A look at his resume reveals that he served as an...