- a whip used as an instrument of punishment.；a person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering
- whip (someone) as a punishment；cause great suffering to
verb: scourge, 3rd person present: scourges, gerund or present participle: scourging, past tense: scourged, past participle: scourged
noun: scourge, plural noun: scourges
- 1. historical a whip used as an instrument of punishment. 同義詞
- 2. a person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering the scourge of mass unemployment 同義詞 反義詞
- 1. historical whip (someone) as a punishment our people did scourge him severely 同義詞
- 2. cause great suffering to political methods used to scourge and oppress workers 同義詞
- a whip used as an instrument of punishment.
- whip (someone) as a punishment: our people did scourge him severely
Oxford American Dictionary
...災難重重的ambsace 意味應該不可能偏偏你遇到這種衰事godforsaken 意味被上帝遺棄的scourge 天譴的災禍 倒楣的中級adversenessadversity 更意含災禍a blow 也意味受到打擊come to...
...original animal and thus presumably put us on the road to curing such human scourges as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's, spinal-cord ...
.../B00062IVNA） Angel listens to a member of the Scourge complain about half-breed demons. （http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_(...