- constituting number two in a sequence; coming after the first in time or order; 2nd；secondly (used to introduce a second point or reason)
- formally support or endorse (a nomination or resolution or its proposer) as a necessary preliminary to adoption or further discussion；express agreement with
noun: second, plural noun: seconds
- 1. constituting number two in a sequence; coming after the first in time or order; 2nd he married for a second time Herbie was the second of their six children 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ secondly (used to introduce a second point or reason) second, they are lightly regulated; and third, they do business with nonresident clients
- ▪ an interval spanning two consecutive notes in a diatonic scale.
- ▪ the note which is higher by a second than the tonic of a diatonic scale or root of a chord.
- ▪ the second in a sequence of a vehicle's gears he took the corner in second
- ▪ second base.
- ▪ British the second grade of a school.
- ▪ informal a second course or second helping of food at a meal. 同義詞
- ▪ denoting someone or something regarded as comparable to or reminiscent of a better-known predecessor a fear that the conflict would turn into a second Vietnam 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ an act or instance of seconding.
- 2. subordinate or inferior in position, rank, or importance it was second only to Copenhagen among Baltic ports he is a writer first and a scientist second 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ additional to that already existing, used, or possessed a second home French as a second language 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ the second finisher or position in a race or competition he finished second
- ▪ British a place in the second-highest grade in an examination, especially for a degree she got a first in moral sciences and a second in history
- ▪ performing a lower or subordinate of two or more parts for the same instrument or voice the second violins
- ▪ goods of an inferior quality. 同義詞
- ▪ coarse flour, or bread made from it.
- 3. an attendant assisting a combatant in a duel or boxing match.
- 1. formally support or endorse (a nomination or resolution or its proposer) as a necessary preliminary to adoption or further discussion Bertonazzi seconded Birmingham's nomination
- ▪ express agreement with her view is seconded by most Indian leaders today
- ▪ support; back up so well was he seconded by the multitude of laborers at his command
通常 two hours later, 是用在敘述過去發生的事情時, 如說故事或自己的...後', 且通常之前已有敘述另一件事, 是在那另一件事之後的兩小時後. in two hours 就是 after two hours, 但正確的英文是不用after two hours...
He is too good to second guess himself。 這是棒球投手張伯倫說的一句話...to 後面都是負面詞) He is too good to second guess himself。 他不需要對他自己做出的決定產生...
例: in two days 意指兩天後?還是兩天內...20 補充： 如果你要用: 兩天內-----within two days. ex. My father will be back...補充： 所以總而言之, 語言是一般性的, in two days 通常就是指---在兩天後, 幾乎...