- the state of being free from danger or threat；the safety of a state or organization against criminal activity such as terrorism, theft, or espionage
noun: security, plural noun: securities
- 1. the state of being free from danger or threat:
the system is designed to provide maximum security against toxic spills
- 2. the safety of a state or organization against criminal activity such as terrorism, theft, or espionage:
a matter of national security
- 3. procedures followed or measures taken to ensure the security of a state or organization:
amid tight security the presidents met in the Colombian resort
- 4. the state of feeling safe, stable, and free from fear or anxiety:
the emotional security of being the one special person that someone else loves
- 5. a thing deposited or pledged as a guarantee of the fulfilment of an undertaking or the repayment of a loan, to be forfeited in case of default.
- 6. a certificate attesting credit, the ownership of stocks or bonds, or the right to ownership connected with tradable derivatives.
...如下 我想版大要比較的應該是"safety"和"security"兩個名詞才對 若是比較"safe"(形容詞)和...地方對他不會有危險，尤其是被找到或是被傷害的危險) security--protection of a person, building, organization or country...
...每個人是否都旅遊平安回來？ 問題：食品安全,為什麼要用food safety而不用food security? 答：food safety強調食用無危險的。 security (n. 名詞) 1. 安全、安全感 例句...
social security 如果是用小寫，只是指社會的安全。 美國合法居民及公民均有社會安全卡，上面的號碼則是指社會安全號碼。 但是Society Security 也是美國退休福利（retirement benefit)的一種， 它是針對合法工作者（必有社會...