- the state of being free from danger or threat；the safety of a state or organization against criminal activity such as terrorism, theft, or espionage
noun: security, plural noun: securities
- 1. the state of being free from danger or threat the system is designed to provide maximum security against toxic spills job security
- ▪ the safety of a state or organization against criminal activity such as terrorism, theft, or espionage a matter of national security 同義詞 反義詞
- ▪ procedures followed or measures taken to ensure the security of a state or organization amid tight security the presidents met in the Colombian resort 同義詞
- ▪ the state of feeling safe, stable, and free from fear or anxiety the emotional security of being the one special person that someone else loves 同義詞 反義詞
- 2. a thing deposited or pledged as a guarantee of the fulfilment of an undertaking or the repayment of a loan, to be forfeited in case of default. 同義詞
- 3. a certificate attesting credit, the ownership of stocks or bonds, or the right to ownership connected with tradable derivatives.